Thursday, January 7, 2010

12. THE LAST LAST LECTURE



Hey, here we were talking with Ayse about our last lecture today. She brought a home made cake, which came from Antalya. It is really delicious (mmmm!) Ayse says that Sonja’s brownie was more delicious –I couldn’t taste it unfortunately. Since we have been here in the dormitory for 3 months I miss my mother’s cake with chocolate pieces and cherry. We had our cup of coffee as well.
Who believes that this whole semester has really ended? I can’t believe, actually. I’m not saying that I didn’t realize a thing. I really realized it while our sleepless nights trying to catch up the lecture, trying to read SPS essays, Civilization in the West is another issue by the way…I’m almost asking everyone I see who lives in the dorm : Do you suffer from staying up so late? And the answer is mostly: YES! Then I think again, WHY? Here people have the idea that if you go to sleep early you would miss a lot happening around you. A simple example: My roommate Ceren is a Hazirlik and she receives sometimes e-mail at 11 p.m. from her instructor that she has to do that homework for the next day. It’s really really weird. I couldn’t understand why we became like that.

At the end of today’s lecture I could see the sadness in Sonja’s eyes =) It’s going to a little bit hard for us to get used to the university system, which has 2 semesters in one year. For us, since the kindergarten, it was like you are together with your teacher and friends for a whole year. But here things are different. You get used to your class and the instructor and puff! You have to rearrange your schedule in the middle of the year. It’s boring but fun at the same time. Anyway, I’m happy for having known each of you and also want to thank Sonja for all the lectures that she tried to make them more fun.

2 comments:

  1. ı also could see the sadness in sonja's eyes =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photo... :))
    maybe I will make brownies again next semester...

    Yes, it was (and still is) hard to say goodbye. I think I am still in a state of shock actually.

    You're more than welcome, thank you as well for bringing loveliness to the class. Hope to see you in Feb.!

    ReplyDelete