Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2.todays lecture



Hi! Today we've talked about our oral presentations, which has an important effect(25%) on our final course grade. We have decided our groups and got our practice (a reading text) and final (a movie) presentation topics. It seems quite interesting, I'm looking for both of them. Our group- orange- has : the man who was almost a man (reading text by richard wright) and the full monty (1997). Although I had watched The full monty , I think it will be fun to analyse it with my group members. I tend to watch all the movies before the presentations (It would be better that way), but I don't know if I can manage it, we'll see..

4 comments:

  1. Did you like The Full Monty? I have watched it several times now, and I like it even more each time. It really raises important issues about how men are expected to have jobs, and how unemployment damages families. It's very rare for a film to look at male gender roles from that point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bahar,
    As a co-worker of you ,at our group , i am looking forward to analyse that film with our group too . See you ,at our first meeting on wednesday =) Thank you for your post. It made me more excited about "The Full Monty".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fishy,
    I'm happy that you are also blogging. Isn't it fun! Although I can not manage my time well and blog as much as I want, I will try to keep an eye on yours and comment :)
    Also post something to mine too.
    Anyways, see you half and hour later :P
    Serra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja, yes I really liked it.It was also for my English lesson.But we didn't analyse it. It was a little bit diffucult because of the accent,though...

    ReplyDelete